The history of Aalborg Golf Klub
Aalborg Golf Klub was founded in 1908 and is the 2nd oldest golf club in Denmark.
Initially, the game was played closer to the city center of Aalborg. The gentleman Mr Eugen Schmidt, whom was a very active sportsman was the founding father of the golf club.
Mr Schmidt participated in the Olympic Games and on his many travels around the world he discored the game of golf.
Only a few years after his commitment to the development of the first Scandinavian golf club in Copenhagen, he went home to Aalborg and started on his plans of a golf club close to the city center.
A course which had to change it’s location twice due to the huge growth in population and in need of good land for buildings.
But in 1968 the first 9 holes from the current location was opened and later 18 holes more came to the complex.